What does a SEM Manager do?
The responsibilities of an SEM manager include:
- developing and executing SEM campaigns that align with the company’s objectives and target audience.
- They must research and select appropriate keywords and phrases for effective ad targeting and manage ad spends to ensure a positive ROI.
- SEM managers must monitor and analyze campaign performance metrics, such as click-through rates and conversion rates, and make recommendations for optimization.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to ensure the company’s SEM efforts remain effective and competitive
- SEM managers must collaborate with other teams, such as content and design, to ensure that ad creatives are on-brand and effective in promoting the company’s objectives.
- Ensure that all SEM campaigns comply with legal regulations and best practices.
[Read More: Digital Marketing OKRs]
About this SEM manager job description
This job description for a SEM marketing manager can easily be used as a template that you can copy, paste, and edit to meet your exact needs. It’s recommended that prior to posting this job description or sending to a recruiter that you determine the overall requirements and responsibilities of your email marketing manager.
About [This is the part of your job description template that you describe your company and value]
Founded in [year] and headquartered in [City, State] by a team of [insert impressive statement], [Company name] is reinventing [your industry]. With an experienced team from successful companies like [insert past companies of employees], [company name] is proud to count [insert customer list] as customers.
We are seeking to hire an experienced, hands-on SEM manager to assist in developing and scaling a top-tier SEM program for [Company Name] that will directly impact the growth of our business. As an SEM manager, you will report to the Head of Growth Marketing and work collaboratively with the marketing team to establish a foundation that will enable us to achieve our growth objectives. You will be an integral part of the go-to-market team, streamlining operations, coordinating communication across target audiences, ensuring tech stacks function seamlessly, and maintaining data integrity. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of scaling search engine marketing and paid acquisition operations within a high-growth tech environment.
SEM Manager Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, and implement SEM strategies.
- Work towards paid search optimization and ROI maximization.
- Regularly perform thorough keywords research.
- Identify key SEM KPIs.
- Prepare and present reports regularly.
- Identify the company’s buyer persona to better target identified audiences.
- Pinpoint deficiencies and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Build, manage, optimize campaigns across paid search and paid social channels
- Suggest improvements for process and productivity optimization.
- Implement SEM best practices by working with web developers and marketing teams.
- Keep abreast of the latest SEM and digital marketing trends and best practices.
SEM Manager Qualifications
- Experience as a Search Engine Marketing Specialist.
- Hands-on experience with planning and implementing a successful SEM strategy.
- Proven success in SEM.
- Experience in web analytics, marketing, and business development.
- Experience with A/B testing and other testing metrics.
- Ability to analyze data and provide evidence-based recommendations.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
Why join [Company Name]?
- A well-funded startup based in [City] with elite brand-name customers
- Experienced leadership team who has ‘done it before’
- Innovative product disrupting a large, growing market
- Competitive salary and equity package along with generous health & wellness benefits
- We hire smart, fun-loving, ambitious, humble people.
- [Company Name] offers competitive salaries, stock options, and generous paid time off as well as:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Fitness Stipend
- Computer equipment of your choice
- Commuter Benefits
Where to post your SEM manager job description
When hiring an SEM manager, you’ll want to post this role on sources like LinkedIn and Glassdoor. You’ll also want to rely heavily on referrals for senior roles.
By Ronny Cheng
Ronny Cheng is a digital marketing consultant helps businesses of all sizes build high-performing digital marketing strategies that drive revenue.