What does an event marketing manager do?
An event marketing manager is responsible for creating the overall strategy for live and digital events. Some of the responsibilities of an event marketing manager include:
- Vendor relations and manager
- Event research and signup
- Collaboration with sales team and other event attendees
- Oversee digital and physical booth design
- Scheduling of guaranteed meetings for sales teams
- Creation or collaboration with content teams to deliver best-in-class event materials
- Measurement of business impact from events
[Read More: Event Marketing Goals]
About this event marketing manager job description
This job description for a senior event marketing manager can easily be used as a template that you can copy, paste, and edit to meet your exact needs. It’s recommended that prior to posting this job description or sending to a recruiter that you determine the overall requirements and responsibilities of your senior event marketing manager.
About [This is the part of your job description template that you describe your company and value]
Founded in [year] and headquartered in [City, State] by a team of [insert impressive statement], [Company name] is reinventing [your industry]. With an experienced team from successful companies like [insert past companies of employees], [company name] is proud to count [insert customer list] as customers.
[Describe your company or mission] Example copy for director of digital marketing job description
At [company] we’re working hard to reimagine [industry or space] so that customers can communicate across any channel and brands can connect in a more meaningful way. We’re looking for someone who can build relationships with key executives within top consumer brands to help drive a more empathetic, personalized customer experience.
We are looking to hire an experienced, hands-on Senior Events Manager on the Growth Marketing Team to help build and scale a world-class content marketing effort. As the Senior Events Manager, you’ll be an integral part of the go-to-market team working closely with marketing and sales to drive awareness of [Company name]. You will own the event strategy and budget, and will manage all types of events, from tradeshows to experience events, to partner events, forums and roadshows. You’ll work closely with sales, marketing, partners, customers, and internal speakers to create world-class events for [Company name].
Event Marketing Manager Qualifications
- 7+ years of B2B event marketing experience with experience managing vendors, contractors, and agencies
- Plan, strategize and project manage all aspects of event execution from start to finish – including pre-event field enablement, collaboration across multiple teams, onsite event support contract signing, to managing and project managing all sponsor benefits, detailed pre/post promotion/follow up plans, etc.
- Work closely with product marketing, customer success, and growth marketing to build amazing events for our prospects and customers (regional field events, Customer Forum, partner/VC events) including but not limited to ensuring attendance/RSVPs, all venue logistics, etc.
- Create event messaging and presence approach with PMM/growth team as editors including event one pagers/collateral, booth graphics, show guides/programs, booth inserts, pre-email and post email and social communication
- Bring a detailed eye to our communications, planning, logistics, and event execution. Bring your creative self and your passion for well-crafted events to work every day, and communicate your unique voice to the stories that we tell at these events – don’t be afraid to try something different!
- Work with customers and internal experts to find the most exciting, unexpected, and impactful stories from our diverse customer base to feature at these events, partnering with PMM and SC teams
- Establish, track and analyze performance and engagement metrics to measure event alignment to company initiatives and growth goals, and recommend/implement changes based on your insights.
- Work with design team and programs manager to create campaigns, pre and post email communications, list loads and reporting
- Manage events budget
- Manage all day-of logistics and employee participation
- Lead/Manage all Pre and Post Activities
- This is the life blood of this role! Organized and strategic pre and post activity efforts will ensure the success of our event marketing efforts. This includes but is not limited to:
- Create pre-event planning decks and post event summary decks
- Work with operations team to create all follow up requirements post event such as list appending, communication to sales, drip programs/emails, etc.
- Ensure we track and measure results from every event, by making sure every qualified lead is followed up with within 1 week, working with BDRs and Sales closely
- Get feedback and close the loop on quality of leads and report out on pipeline and closed deals that resulted from the event
- Plan and run necessary post mortem meetings
- Constantly conduct research and identify new Industry event opportunities
- Manage multiple, complex timetables with many events at a time
Event Marketing Manager Benefits at [Company name]
- A well-funded startup based in [City] with elite brand-name customers
- Experienced leadership team who has ‘done it before’
- Innovative product disrupting a large, growing market
- Competitive salary and equity package along with generous health & wellness benefits
- We hire smart, fun-loving, ambitious, humble people.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Fitness Stipend
- Computer equipment of your choice
- Commuter Benefits
Where to post and hire your event marketing manager job description
When hiring a senior events marketing manager, you’ll want to post this role on sources like LinkedIn and Glassdoor. You’ll also want to rely heavily on referrals for senior roles.