What does a email marketing manager do?
The responsibilities of an email marketing manager include:
- designing and executing email campaigns that are specific to the business’s objectives and target audience.
- They must also manage and segment email lists, ensuring that messages are delivered to the appropriate audience at the most opportune time.
- Additionally, email marketing managers monitor email deliverability and analyze email campaign performance metrics, reporting the results and making suggestions for improvement.
- They also set up and manage automated email campaigns and ensure that all email campaigns adhere to legal regulations and best practices.
- Furthermore, email marketing managers collaborate with other teams to ensure that emails promote the company’s objectives and are on-brand.
- Finally, they must stay up-to-date with industry trends, tools, and technologies to ensure that the company’s email marketing is effective and competitive.
[Read More: Marketing Operations Goals]
About this email marketing manager job description
This job description for a email marketing manager can easily be used as a template that you can copy, paste, and edit to meet your exact needs. It’s recommended that prior to posting this job description or sending to a recruiter that you determine the overall requirements and responsibilities of your email marketing manager.
About [This is the part of your job description template that you describe your company and value]
Founded in [year] and headquartered in [City, State] by a team of [insert impressive statement], [Company name] is reinventing [your industry]. With an experienced team from successful companies like [insert past companies of employees], [company name] is proud to count [insert customer list] as customers.
We are seeking to hire an experienced, hands-on email marketing manager to assist in developing and scaling a top-tier email marketing program for [Company Name] that will directly impact the growth of our business. As an email marketing manager, you will report to the Head of Growth Marketing and work collaboratively with the marketing team to establish a foundation that will enable us to achieve our growth objectives. You will be an integral part of the go-to-market team, streamlining operations, coordinating communication across target audiences, ensuring tech stacks function seamlessly, and maintaining data integrity. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of scaling email marketing operations within a high-growth tech environment.
Email Marketing Manager Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an email marketing strategy
- Create and manage email lists and campaigns
- Design email templates and calls-to-action (CTAs)
- Monitor and evaluate the success of email campaigns
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for email marketing efforts
- Generate weekly reports on email campaign performance
- Devise a lead generation strategy using email marketing
- Segment email lists based on subscriber behavior and engagement
- Increase email subscriptions to grow the email list
- Analyze email data to gain insights and make data-driven decisions
- Recommend improvements to optimize email campaign performance
- Develop and maintain documentation and road maps for email processes, A/B tests, and promotions
Email Marketing Manager Qualifications
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Past experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and/or web analytics
- Understanding of buyer personas, TAM building, and ICP building
- Proficient using marketing automation technology
- Experience with email automation tools
- Experience building lead scoring models
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Why join [Company Name]?
- A well-funded startup based in [City] with elite brand-name customers
- Experienced leadership team who has ‘done it before’
- Innovative product disrupting a large, growing market
- Competitive salary and equity package along with generous health & wellness benefits
- We hire smart, fun-loving, ambitious, humble people.
- [Company Name] offers competitive salaries, stock options, and generous paid time off as well as:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Fitness Stipend
- Computer equipment of your choice
- Commuter Benefits
Where to post your email marketing manager job description
When hiring a email marketing manager, you’ll want to post this role on sources like LinkedIn and Glassdoor. You’ll also want to rely heavily on referrals for senior roles.
By Ronny Cheng
Ronny Cheng is a digital marketing consultant helps businesses of all sizes build high-performing digital marketing strategies that drive revenue.