September 11, 2023
WHAT DOES AN SDR MANAGER DO?
A Sales Development Representative (SDR) Manager, also known as a Sales Development Manager, plays a crucial role in the sales and business development process of a company. Their primary responsibilities include:
- Team Leadership: SDR Managers are responsible for leading and managing a team of Sales Development Representatives. They provide guidance, coaching, and mentorship to ensure SDRs meet their targets and perform at their best.
- Strategy Development: They collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to develop and refine strategies for lead generation and qualification. This involves identifying target customer profiles, defining messaging and outreach tactics, and setting performance goals.
- Training and Development: SDR Managers are responsible for training new SDRs and continuously improving the skills of their existing team members. This includes teaching effective sales techniques, objection handling, and product knowledge.
- Performance Tracking and Reporting: They monitor the performance of SDRs closely, tracking key metrics such as call/email activity, lead conversion rates, and pipeline contribution. They use data and analytics to assess performance and make data-driven decisions for improvement.
- Process Optimization: SDR Managers work to optimize the lead generation and qualification processes. They may refine scripts, workflows, and tools to make the team more efficient and effective in their outreach efforts.
- Collaboration: They foster collaboration between SDRs and other teams, especially the sales team. They ensure that qualified leads are effectively passed to Account Executives or salespeople for further nurturing and conversion.
- Technology and Tools: SDR Managers often oversee the selection and implementation of sales enablement and CRM tools that help streamline lead management and reporting.
- Goal Setting: They set clear and achievable targets for the SDR team, aligning their efforts with the company’s overall sales and revenue objectives.
- Feedback and Communication: Regular communication and feedback sessions with SDRs are crucial. Managers provide constructive feedback on calls and emails, conduct performance reviews, and maintain open lines of communication within the team.
In essence, an SDR Manager plays a pivotal role in building a high-performing team that drives the initial stages of the sales funnel, identifies potential customers, and sets the stage for successful sales conversions. They combine leadership, strategy, training, and data analysis skills to help their team excel in generating and qualifying leads.
ABOUT THIS SDR MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
This job description for an SDR manager (also known as sales development rep manager) can easily be used as a template that you can copy, paste, and edit to meet your exact needs. It’s recommended that prior to posting this job description or sending to a recruiter that you determine the overall requirements and responsibilities of your SDR manager.
Your SDR Manager will be responsible for managing a team of sales representatives that are responsible for building pipeline. As previously mentioned, they are responsible for a wide variety of duties such as team planning, scripting, measurement, and more. In order to attract an SDR Manager that best matches your needs, it’s important to write a clear job description and ensure that it is posted on the appropriate channels
SDR MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION TEMPLATE
[Intro to the job description. This is where you talk about your company]
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable SDR (Sales Development Representative) Manager to join our team! [Company Name] is a fast-growing startup with lofty goals. As our SDR Manager you’ll be responsible for one of our most important functions, planning, implementing and managing our sales strategy.
SDR MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure prospects are identified, qualified, converted, collaborating closely with enterprise Account Executives and ISRs.
- Lead a team of high performing SDRs to hit and exceed goals
- Hire, develop and mentor new SDRs
- Train the team with a focus on skills development, pipeline management, and best practices
- Bring a meticulous attention to detail when it comes to building repeatable and scalable processes
- Collaborate with company leaders to effectively execute on go-to-market strategies
- Track and report on performance at both the individual and team levels
- Leverage technology to drive efficiency and scale
SDR MANAGER REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of SDR experience with at least 2+ years of SDR management experience
- A history of consistently meeting and exceeding measurable goals
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Understanding of consultative sales techniques
- Intellectual curiosity and love of discovery
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Good technical aptitude
- Experience working in an enterprise sales environment
- Passion for building and leading high performing teams
- Experience managing geographically dispersed teams a plus
WHERE TO POST AND HIRE YOUR SDR MANAGER
When hiring an SDR manager, you’ll want to post this role on sources like LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and other specialty sales networks.
Become a hypergrowth marketer for free. Get the hypergrowth newsletter right to your inbox.